Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Paw Paw Patch

I'm covering sixteenth notes with my 5th graders. My sequence is behind due to concerts and recorder units- it's something I'm constantly wishing was better.

So this week I taught the line dance to Paw Paw Patch. I was worried at first because 5th graders are starting to show me that "I'm too cool to sing" attitude which crushes me! (This is one reason I'm trying to revamp my recorder unit-more on that later!) I was just thrilled when some boys volunteered to be in the girl line-didn't mind being called "pretty little Susie!"  During my class today, they were begging me to keep going. Everyone wanted a turn to be in the "Susie" line.  Moments like these show me that, no, they're not too cool for singing and that they are still kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment