Monday, February 18, 2013

Bravo Beads

I found this idea on a blog through pinterest and modified it for my music classroom. I call them Bravo Beads. I was noticing that with some of my classes that I was having more observers than participators. I was getting tired of saying "Johnny please sing!" So now I use Bravo Beads!


I use these 2 ways:
1. If I notice a student doing a "BRAVO" job that day during class I"ll say to them "Bravo Johnny" and they know to go get some beads and join back in the activity.
2. I'll walk around the class with beads in hand and place them around the students neck that I see doing a great job participating.

I discussed with the students what 'Bravo' meant and where might they hear it- so I tied is some audience etiquette standards as well!


I found my beads at the Dollar Store-I bought 8 packages for $1.00! Couldn't go wrong!
I found the tote at the dollar spot at Target (I think it was $3.00)



I made the signs and attached the title with double sided velco and stapled the yellow envelope.
In the envelope is a slip of paper that the student takes when they return the beads at the end of class. Since they can't take the beads home, they take a certificate home that says they earned Bravo Beads during class! Great way to get your students talking about their day in music class!



No comments:

Post a Comment