Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Music In Our Schools Month

March is "Music in Our Schools Month" (MIOSM).  The band director convinced me to get on board this year.  I have never participated in it- but with the way school districts are heading with their art/music departments, we're going to give it a try this year.

I have some things planned for the 16 days we're in school (only 16 due to spring break at the end of the month).

1. I'm going to provide a 'fun fact' on the morning announcements (they are broadcasted live by our principal and 2 students each day).

2. A MIOSM bulletin board in the hallway that will display how music is in everyone's life. The students will be able to  draw, write, or send in pictures to put on the board.

3. Riddle Me This:  staff members provide clues about their musical memories or activities they were involved with as a child, student, or adult.  They will be displayed near the cafeteria and students guess which teacher they are reading about!

For example my clues are:
My first solo was at vacation bible school.

I started piano lessons when I was 6 years old and I took voice lessons for 13 years.

I was in all my high school musicals, band and choir.

I was in my church choir for 10 years.

I can play the trumpet, baritone, trombone and piano.

My degree is in Music Education.

Who am I?


I'm really excited to read the teachers' clues!


What have you done for MIOSM in the past or this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment